Zookeeper of the Year
This award is open for an individual ASZK member whom is currently employed as a zoo keeper. This individual will have displayed outstanding aptitude and dedication at a level that goes well above and beyond expectation in every aspect of their role as a modern day zookeeper.
The nomination must contain the following details;
- Name of person submitting the nomination
- Name of nominee
- Position of nominee
- Name of institution
- List and document the details of the achievements and/or contribution the individual or team has made.
- Must be nominated by section supervisor or above
- Must be signed off by a senior manager of the organization in which the keeper is employed
- Must be a written nomination with a minimum of 250 words outlining why the individual stands out from all others
This award acknowledges outstanding achievement in the profession of zoo keeping encompassing the many varied duties expected from modern day keepers. Duties could include, but are not limited to – animal husbandry, training and enrichment, exhibit maintenance, design and construction, animal records, animal presentations, customer service, media, responsibilities, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
2017 Zookeeper of the Year
Jarrod Prangle – Symbio Wildlife Park