2021 ASZK Wildlife Photography Competition
Fancy yourself as a bit of an aspiring wildlife photographer?
How would you like to see your very own shots on the front cover of the Thylacinus for all ASZK members to see?
It’s simple, the competition is open to anyone, so feel free to share with your friends. Here is all you need to know to get started…
1) Enrichment and Training – Show us your inspiring shots, great interactions, or utter enrichment bliss.
2) Funny Animal Moments – Show us your hilarious shots or candid moments. (You can add a small caption if you would like, 10 words max submitted with the image).
3) Animals in the Wild – Hit us with your best shot!
4) Artistic Animal shot – Let’s get creative!
You can submit as many entries as you like.
Competition opens on the 10th of June 2021 and all photos must be submitted no later than the 5th of August 2021.
Send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring the following is included:
- Your name
- Your institution and/or address
- Title/caption of the shot
- Which category your photo best suits
- Cite ‘ASZK Photo Comp’ in the subject line.
All photos must be in JPEG format (Max. size is 30MB) and must be accompanied with a signed Photo Release Form found here.
Judging and Prizes
The ASZK committee will pick the two best photos in each category to show off at the annual conference, which will be held in Cronulla Sydney on 10 -12 September 2021.
Then all conference delegates can select their favourites! The best of each category will be displayed on the front cover of Thylacinus– the quarterly journal of the ASZK covering interesting updates in zookeeping from across the region.
Then, the People’s Choice (best of all categories) will earn its photographer honorary ASZK membership for a year!
Prints of the finalists may be auctioned off at the conference to assist with the Society’s ongoing objective of supporting the professional development of keepers in our region.
So get snapping, and let your photography earn you membership! Be sure to check Facebook to see some of the entries. And make sure you get to Sydney in September to take part in the judging!